Monday, September 12, 2011

Haiku Erotica (Want to Play with me?)

For those of you not familiar with Haiku, it's a Japanese poetry style where the main identifying feature is the prose simply follows a 5/7/5 syllable structure.

Yes technically there's much more to it than that.  Really it's supposed to be 17 "on" not syllables and there's supposed to be a juxtaposition of two images or ideas.  If you're really interested in all the details this Wikipedia article may be of interest.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku  But many (dare say most) people in practice only adhere to the 5/7/5 structure and forget about nearly everything else.

To amuse myself over the weekend I decided to create some of my own Haiku with a slant towards erotica, naturally.  I was quite pleased with what I was able to come up with over the course of 30 minutes or so.

Here are eight I wrote:
***

Vibrator with me | Keeps me happy through the night | Won’t ask for breakfast


Blossom of woman | Enticing to every male | But forbidden fruit

Clandestine pick-up | They are both complete strangers | Using each other

She needs the cash bad | Dirty pictures of her twat | Buy her groceries

As the night falls dark | Romance yields way to passion | Sweaty sex prevails

Her tender sweet touch | Softens his hard outer shell | He melts in her arms

Bubble bath for two | How can clean be so dirty | They’ll both find out soon

Undressing for him | His excitement turns her on | Her self esteem grows

***

I had so much fun doing these that I decided to go ahead and make a project of this.  One that I'll work on sporadically when I have time.  Eventually I may release a collection of them.  I would like to compile at least 500, maybe up to 1000 before I'd consider it worthy of publishing though.

If you'd like to contribute to the project by sending me your own Haiku Erotica to include in the collection, I'd be very appreciative.  I couldn't pay you anything for them.  Because to be truthful, my sales in general are so miserable, there's simply no money to give!  Plus I think this title will be even less popular than my normal offerings that it's probably going to be a very poor use of time commercially.  But still somehow I feel the desire to do it, for the "art" of it and simply because I think it will be great fun.

And if you do submit something to me that eventually goes into the book, I'd be more than happy to give you credit for it -- just let me know "whom" I should acknowledge for the contribution(s).  You can use the email link in the right-hand column to send me anything you create.

I don't think anyone has done a project similar to this before.  But I haven't researched it extensively.  Still, if you decide to contribute, please only send items that are your own creation.  If there are other examples of Haiku Erotica out there on the web, I don't want to be including them in this publication.  Original items only please.

xxx

Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment